Alpha 6 update adds multimedia module with audio support, update to Qt 5.2.2 and QtCreator 3.0 integration.
What’s new in Qt Tizen Integration 1.0 Alpha 6?
What’s new in Qt for Tizen Alpha 6?
Which Tizen profiles can use Qt?
Qt packages are built in Tizen's Open Build System. Following profiles include Qt packages:
- Mobile 3.0
After integrating QtCreator with gbs, platform developers will be able to use Qt built for different profiles and different architectures on their desktop without any additional configuration.
How to Install?Detailed instructions for installation from scratch have been prepared for application developers at http://qt-project.org/wiki/Build-Qt-for-Tizen. They explain all prerequisites such as installing Tizen SDK and dependencies. The installation process has been tested with Ubuntu/Kubuntu 12 and 13.
Users of previous release (Alpha 5) can follow this HOWTO.
Known IssuesSee this wiki page for a list of known issues.
Join Us!Qt for Tizen SDK support can be extended to other Linuxes, Windows and Mac OS X. Volunteers interested in that or in any other tasks are invited to contact (see Updates below). Feedback from application developers is highly welcome too.
Remember, you can always join us! Not only as a software developer - if you love technology, a Media Partners program exists to better reach global and local communities and individuals potentially interested in Tizen and Qt for Tizen itself.
Further PlansQtCreator gbs support, QtMultimedia video support - some additional codecs need to be added to play video on RD-PQ, Deployment support for IVI devices. Our road map is developed in the open.
CreditsSoftware development for this release has been contributed by Tomasz Olszak (build scripts, packaging, Qt Multimedia, Qt Creator plugin). Testing and improvements were offered by numerous other Qt Project contributors. All contributors are listed on the wiki page.
UpdatesIf you wish to follow the initiative or comment please do so below on this blog or at your convenience use the following places:
- Development mailing list is shared with general Tizen development list: firstname.lastname@example.org (subscribe here).
- Contact point for users of Qt for Tizen is shared with the Tizen Native Application Developers mailing list: email@example.com (subscribe here). Alternatively, use Tizen Native Application Development forum.
- Mailing list for developers of Qt itself: firstname.lastname@example.org (subscribe here)
- Mailing list for users (of Qt): email@example.com (subscribe here)
- Blog - articles and announcements
- Twitter @QtForTizen - latest news
- Facebook @QtForTizen - latest news
- Google+ community - latest news
- Video channel qtfortizen
- IRC channel: #qt-tizen at irc.freenode.org (you can also connect via web browser here)